‘New India Neither Fears Nor Bows to Terrorism’: PM Modi in Kurukshetra

Default Image

PM cites Operation Sindoor as proof of India’s firm security stance

Kurukshetra, Nov 26:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday asserted that the country’s security approach has fundamentally changed, saying the “new India” does not fear terrorism nor succumb to pressure. He was speaking at a special programme in Kurukshetra marking the 350th martyrdom anniversary of Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru.

Referring to Operation Sindoor, India’s recent military action following the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack that killed 26 people, Modi said the operation demonstrated the nation’s resolve.

‘India seeks peace, but won’t compromise on security’

“We speak to the world about universal brotherhood, and we also protect our borders. We seek peace, but we do not compromise on our security,” Modi said.

Calling Operation Sindoor a defining example, he added:
“New India neither fears, nor stops, nor bends before terrorism. Today’s India is moving forward with full strength, with courage and clarity.”

Ayodhya–Kurukshetra ‘confluence of heritage’

Modi also spoke about visiting Ayodhya earlier in the day, calling the date a “wonderful confluence of India’s heritage.”

“This morning I was in Ayodhya, the city of the Ramayana, and now I am here in Kurukshetra, the city of the Gita,” he said, expressing reverence for Guru Tegh Bahadur’s sacrifice and the assembled Sangat.

What was Operation Sindoor?

India launched Operation Sindoor on May 7 as a direct military response to the Pahalgam attack. Over 88 hours, India targeted terror and military sites in Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, before a ceasefire on May 10. The operation involved fighter jets, missiles, armed drones and heavy artillery exchanges.